Thursday, January 05, 2006

Band

I started band yesterday at the highschool. I play the clarinet. It was ok, except in this band we have to seat chairs, depending on how well you play your insturment. Since I started in the middle of the year, and not at the beginning, I have to start at the bottom chair and work up. The process of moving chairs is "challenging". I can only move one chair at a time. Which I think is ridiculous. I don't get why I can't start at the top and try challenging the first chair, and if I don't make it move DOWN from there. There are about 16 clarinets! Oh well, teachers rules! My band teacher's name is Mr. Colgrove. He is new this year, right out of college. Anyway, I am hopefully going to try out for Honor Band this year. I have the notes down pretty well, but I'm having some trouble with the counting. And the metronome isn't really helping me, nor my mom!! No, really my mom does help me a great deal with my music, it's just sometimes she annoys me by banging the T.V. remote and a pencil together to substitute for a metronome! My band teacher is going to hopefully help me to work it out on Monday.