Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Week

Last Monday (the 9th) was a sad day. My grandpa passed away. He was 61 years old and has been sick for a long time. He had primary pulmonary hypertension and was connected to a pump that injected medicine into his body constantly. He had to mix his own medicine each day. Not many people knew he was sick because he didn't talk about his disease very much. He was on the pump since 2001.

My Aunt Mandy came out, from Alabama, the Friday before, so she was with him when he died (along with my grandma). My mom and my other aunt (Kimberly) wanted to be there when he died, but they were not able to be there. They each had to run an errand and his death came suddenly while they were away. The rest of my Aunt Mandy's family flew in on Wednesday for the funeral, and they flew back home today. My grandma's sister and mother came in on the train Friday. They are going to leave tomorrow. My grandpa's funeral was yesterday. By the grace of God we will get through this. I think I will have good days and bad days. I will miss him. I ask that you will pray for me and my family in the days to come. And also to find comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ.