Sunday, January 29, 2006

WARNING: WET PAINT!

Over the weekend we have drastically changed the color of the walls inside our house. The office, the foyer, and the upstairs hallway were all originally a light pink color. The new color was supposed to be a dark yellow, but when the paint went on the wall it looked more like a tint of orange. It looks really good though. The foyer and the hallway upstairs is now painted brown, which looks like a dark olive green. The original color in the dining/living room was a pale sage green. It is still in the process of being painted. When it is finished, it is going to be a deep burnt orange. My mom never used to let me paint until about a year ago when I painted my own room. (I put pictures of the newly painted rooms, and also of the bedrooms upstairs on my MSN Space. Mine is obviously the bright colored one with stripes!) So I have been helping my mom roll on paint and brush on trim, and Elizabeth has done some trimming also. Em is wanting very badly to paint, and trying to get ahold of an unused paint brush. So far she has been unsuccessful! The tallest room in our house is 17 feet tall. Therefore we had to borrow scaffolding from a friend. Dad has been the one painting from on top of that, my mom doesn't feel secure and is afraid of falling! How we managed to paint that room before, I have no idea! We skipped church today because my parents wanted to stay home and paint. We sort of (but not really) made up for not hearing the Word of God preached in person by listening to one of Matt Powell's sermons online. We also played a CD of hymns. It wasn't the same.

Well I best be moving on, I want to read some before it gets too late!