Thursday, March 16, 2006

"Iron Chef"

Has anyone ever heard of homard? I am watching "Iron Chef" while I am writing this blog. The main ingredient is homard, otherwise called lobster. The bad thing about this ingredient is that it is ALIVE! They have to kill it on camera!! If you haven't seen "Iron Chef" before it is a foreign (Japanese) cooking show. There are 4 "Iron Chefs"(Chinese, Japanese, French, and Italian) and the owner of the show brings in challenges from other countries to compete with his "Iron Chef". It is a pretty interesting show. At the end of the show the challenger and the Iron Chef present their food to a board of judges. Half of the dishes each cook presents are barely cooked or not cooked at all. It makes me sick to see them eat things completely raw (like meat). I guess people eat sushi around here. I'm not sure if I have the guts to try sushi. Maybe if it was cooked! Has anyone who has read this ate sushi?

I'm reading "The Count of Monte Cristo" right now. Has anyone read that? The movie is really good. My cousin read this book a few months ago, and she informed me that the book was WAY better. According to her, the movie distorted the real story. I had started the book last summer and only managed to get somewhere around page 600 (it is about a 1400 page book). I didn't finish it because I shared it with my cousin. So now I'm back to reading it again; however, I'm starting over at the beginning.