I have some fairly good news. I finished the "Count of Monte Cristo" about 3 weeks ago. It has just taken me this long to write about it.............pretty ironic, considering I intended to blog about it upon finishing it. It was an AWESOME book. I highly recommend the unabridged version. If you enjoyed the movie that was done in 2002, trust me you will enjoy the book 10x better. Well at least I did!! There were many details that were "inside" the main plot. The movie in 2002 did not portray ANY of the excess details I would wish to see the movie that stars Gerard Depardieu as the lead role, but unfortunately it was done in the french language. It does have english subtitles, but who wants to watch a movie that you have to read subtitles through the whole thing? Well someone else might, but not me!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006
The Count
I have some fairly good news. I finished the "Count of Monte Cristo" about 3 weeks ago. It has just taken me this long to write about it.............pretty ironic, considering I intended to blog about it upon finishing it. It was an AWESOME book. I highly recommend the unabridged version. If you enjoyed the movie that was done in 2002, trust me you will enjoy the book 10x better. Well at least I did!! There were many details that were "inside" the main plot. The movie in 2002 did not portray ANY of the excess details I would wish to see the movie that stars Gerard Depardieu as the lead role, but unfortunately it was done in the french language. It does have english subtitles, but who wants to watch a movie that you have to read subtitles through the whole thing? Well someone else might, but not me!!