Saturday, December 23, 2006

First of Winter


Well, the first of winter has finally arrived, though it has taken an awful long time to get here. It snowed here on Wednesday and Thursday. The wind blew both days and now we have on average about 2ft. snow drifts, though in some places the drifts are 4ft. Since we got all this snow it has been perfect to go sledding. I have been sledding once but my sisters have gone about 3 times; we even conned my mom into going a few times. It was very fun being that I haven't been sledding in a few years due to a lack of snow.

Since I don't have much else to blog about I suppose I can tell you all what we are doing for Christmas. We are staying home for Christmas, or at least in the morning. We might go to Dad's parents house in the afternoon for dessert. I haven't been in the "Christmas Sprit" much this year. This year seemed to go by much quicker than other years. It seems like last year's Holiday Season was just here, and now we are coming upon another Holiday Season yet again. It is sad what people have made Christmas out to be these days. Some people do not even know what Christmas is and why we celebrate it. Christmas is the time that we celebrate the birth of our Glorious Savior. Christmas is not about Santa Clause and recieving as many gifts as possible.

"Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!" ~Luke 2:14