Monday, October 31, 2005

Another Fun Weekend

I suppose I'll share with you all a little bit about my weekend. First, on Saturday, was the Providence Reformed Chapel workday. The church was furnished with new blue counter-tops and white cabinets. My dad and Ted Schieffelin were appointed the task of demolishing the old counter and replacing it with the new one. One of the pieces of the new counter had warps in it, all but one vanished after it was put in place. Over all it looks pretty good, now we just need to work on the wood panels covering the entire basement of the church! Tammy Schieffelin and I scrubbed the downstairs panels, you wouldn't believe the dirt on them. The girls scrubbed the walls in the entryway 5 times! It was overall disgusting.

After the church workday, my sister and I spent the night at our friend Bekah's house. We had a fun time even though we only stayed one night. We watched this home-made Christmas Carol video that Bekah's old church put on, it was hilarious. We then ventured to our normal church sevice the next day. Following service we had a chili and cornbread potluck. Around 2:30 we headed to the Colorado Springs church where the Reformation Sunday was held. Then we had ANOTHER potluck! I have to say, after 2 potlucks I was stuffed! My friends and I had a good time catching up on each others lives, and (I confess) laughing at some rather stupid things!!

For Halloween we went to my grandma's house in Las Animas, and helped her give out candy. My sisters went Trick or Treating a little bit before they were driven back to the house by the intense cold. I finished the book "Frankenstein" today, and I have to say, that is one of the strangest books I have ever read. I was glad to have that finished so I will be able to start the "Silmarillion", and then "Wives and Daughters" that I recieved as a birthday gift from Bekah.

Liz has an orthodontist appointment tomorrow in Pueblo, so I am planning on going by Barnes N' Noble. I need to find me a new book-light, as mine is on it's last leg. Well, I had best be heading to bed! Will write more next week after I return from Denver, and hopefully I'll have some new pictures posted. Have a good night!