Monday, February 27, 2006

Books and Olympics

I finished the book, Ivanhoe, last Monday night. If any of you want to read this book, I advise you don't. To me it didn't seem very exciting. It was pretty boring. You know how just about every movie they come out with that is based on a book is not as good as the book? Well I bet that the movie, Ivanhoe, is better as a movie. The book just gave the plot and that's about it. There wasn't much excitement there, in my opinion. Anyway, I have since started Lord of the Flies. This was one of the few books my dad read (and liked) in highschool, so it is probably worth reading!! My parents were not big readers in their school days! Lord of the Flies has been pretty good so far, but I'm only in the first chapter!!

Did anyone watch the Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy? I'm pretty sure they were finished yesterday. The Americans did alright - medal wise. Russia received the most medals in the events that I watched. The figure skating was really awesome. They make it look so easy. I'm not big on watching the snowboarding competitions. I liked the bobsled, luge, all the skiing, figure skating, and of course the hockey. The bobsled is cool. Has anyone seen the movie Cool Runnings with John Candy? It is about a group of Jamacians, who compete in the Olympics on the bobsled.